Tuesday, November 13, 2007

november

my new least favorite month :) (just for 2007)

It's just going too slow! I am so excited for December that I wish November could just be overlooked.

A few high points though:

I got to go to Mimi's 90th birthday party last weekend, which was wonderful. I was on the fence for awhile, whether I'd go or not, and I'm so glad I did. It was great to see extended family I haven't seen in years, and to see mimi's face light up like that...she was so excited. I dont know if I've ever seen anyone more excited for a birthday party, not even children! And I got to go out with my aunt and cousin to Too Tall Jones' bar and see a pretty good band perform, which is always fun. I wish I could find bars like the ones from Dallas up here...maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I always have a blast when I got to the bars there.

Austin and I went on a date last weekend (before I went to Dallas) and got wedding rings! Its funny how planning it in advance and calling it a "date" had my mindset so different than if we had just said "let's go out to dinner tonight" I wanted to wear makeup, do my hair just right, have on the right outfit...suddenly I was like a school girl. It was very fun and stressful! We went to a couple stores to look at rings and finally decided that because he'll be deployed so soon, and he wouldnt wear a really nice ring if he were deployed, we'd just get him a cheaper ring for now so that he won't be afraid to wear it over there, then when he gets home if he still wants the other one he had picked out we'll get it for him. I wasn't sure if I'd want a ring with diamonds or just a solid band, I always thought diamonds. but after I wore the solid band, I decided I liked its simpleness and I thought it highlighted my engagement ring very well so I decided to stick with that one. So...the rings are in our custody and we're ready to go!

Also in the good news category, Austin was given a pass-day for working on Veterans day, and he put his pass in for Thanksgiving. So he'll be able to cook with us, watch football with us, and make sure I'm not intimidated in the kitchen :)

So November hasn't been ALL bad(it has had its moments)...I just want the next 17 days to zoom by. My to-do list for the wedding is pretty small, and soon will be done...I'm just ready for it all to be here now! :)

No comments: