Wednesday, November 7, 2007

system overload

I feel like a computer getting ready to crash. Sometimes I wonder what God thinks of me, what He has planned for me, and why he thinks I am able to handle so much more than the average person. Its not that I have so much ALL the time...but its like when I have one thing going on, I have 10 things going on.

First I had this wedding - and I was doing very well with it. Being Miss Type A, it is going to be planned to the t and it will be wonderful, just as I'd want it to be. Then we added the honeymoon, which is exciting its just more planning. Then visitors for Thanksgiving, which requires planning. I wouldnt trade any of these things by any means, but then you add the drama with my brother (which is never ending and never getting better) and the emotions revolving my wedding and my dad...and I'm pretty much maxed out.

So when I found out that 21 days after the wedding Austin would be deployed, it was almost as if I couldnt even hold the information...much less deal with it. That is much more relevant to my life than Brandon's issues (because Brandon has chosen to make it so) so now I've shoved his issues out of my mind and out of my care to bring on this new worry...and I'm still pretty much overloaded.

Needless to say, when someone comes to me at work asking me to do a pointless task none of my responses that come to mind are either professional or in anyone's best interest. If someone else has so much time and so little worry in life that they think doing this crap is important - then why don't they just do it? Granted I am at work, and it is my job to do what is asked of my related to the mutual funds I handle. But would you not safely assume that I have much bigger fish to fry right now than making sure things are done to someone else's standards? when I say someone else i mean someone other than my boss, his boss, or myself. If my boss comes to me and asks me to do things, not only do I do them because he asked - but I can trust that it is not a waste of my time. (side note: blogging is also a waste of my time, but if time is going to be wasted then i'll be the one to decide how)

Basically - I'm not at a point that you want to piss me off right now, because my ability to bite my tongue and to act in my best judgement...well, its not my strong point right now. I'll do what I can do, when I can do it. Anything above and beyond - its just not happening right now.

No comments: